Fuelishness! Feed: How to rate electric cars; 10 Ways to more MPG; Hybrid Corvette?; Windows Up/Down?; Uncle Sam and Fuel Efficiency
September 23, 2009 · by Michael Bragg · Filed Under Fuelishness!
- Debate begins about fuel ratings on electric cars – As the government hammers out how it will rate the fuel efficiency of hybrid-electric and all-electric vehicles, an Israeli company wants to make sure the U.S. gets it right.
- Top 10 Ways to Improve the Fuel Economy of Your Vehicle – [Ed: Ten good tips, but totally miss “upgrading the software between the seat and steering wheel” as the one proven method for getting 10% to 30% better mileage from your car… just sayin’.]
- Corvette Could Go Hybrid To Survive Strict Fuel Rules – …the company will do whatever it takes to keep the Corvette around once the recently announced fuel regulations raise the national standard to a company-wide 35.5 mpg average in 2016.
- What’s better for fuel economy: windows rolled down or air conditioning? – Deep breath, people; this query is not as cut-and-dry as one would hope. [Ed: Here in Florida, it doesn’t matter.]
- Is Uncle Sam On Right Track On Fuel Efficiency? – That depends on who you ask…